To grow our team globally we’re looking for an amazing People Operations Specialist for our HR team, based in Barcelona, helping to scale Alaya's people operations globally.
You’ll be part of the HR team and, after initial training, you will provide advice and support to our employees with anything related to internal HR operations processes and you will help us scale up our processes and bring them to the next level as we grow !
Among other tasks, you’ll work on:
- Driving implementation of global People Operations projects from our Barcelona office (related to administration, legal, compensation and benefits and others)
- Ensuring company compliance and creating efficiency in our People processes
- Supporting the People Manager and Talent Acquisition Manager in recruitment tasks (such as sourcing, recruitment and interviews if needed)
- All HR administrative matters related to the employee journey (employment-related documents, ensuring a correct and complete payroll administration and keeping all employee files in our HR system up-to-date)
- Acting as the main point of contact for employees for queries regarding payroll, benefits, sick cases, special requests and employee documents
- Advising our People Business Partners regarding local labor law and specific employee cases
- Working with external parties and be their main point of contact for payroll, labor law, relocation of new joiners and social security, work with the tax authorities, in Spain and globally
- Supporting on onboarding and offboarding processes
- Independence & creativity: You will be expected to take responsibilities by learning and proposing new solutions and alternatives to the team.
- Make a difference: Alaya is all about bringing more goodness to this world,.You will be part of a young and motivated group of people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
- An amazing culture: We offer a great work environment, a challenging and motivating role with the possibility of taking more responsibilities as the company evolves.
- Volunteering hours: Every employee receives 20 hours per year to volunteer to causes close to your heart.
- Exciting times ahead: You’ll be joining a start-up in an exciting stage of rapid growth and international expansion. The sky’s the limit!
The role is based in Barcelona, Spain.
Ideally you’ll have:
- Minimum of 2/3 years of experience working in a Human Resources function within a hyper growth and fast paced environment
- Experience within SaaS and/or B2B sectors
- Excellent English proficiency. Any other languages are a plus
- Strong leadership and communication skills at all levels
- Strong experience in building from scratch and scaling processes, always finding solutions and alternatives
- Strong business acumen and resilience in working with ambiguity
- Solid organizational skills, proactivity and flexibility
- More than anything, passionate about working with people, interacting with all teams, being empathetic, a good listener and a great advisor, while keeping a strong company and business vision
You live the Alaya values!
Do good: We have a genuine interest in bringing a positive impact to the world around us.
Get it done, better: We work smart and go the extra mile.
Say “we”, not “I”: We recognise our individual strengths, communicate and build on them as a team.
Find a smarter way: We think outside of the box and always push boundaries.
Make it fun: We bring positive energy, a lighthearted manner, and have a good laugh.