To join our growing team, we’re currently looking for a Marketing Manager based in Barcelona.
You’ll be part of the Content & Engagement team and, after initial training, you'll be in charge of optimising lead generation, building and optimising our nonprofit acquisition channels, including email, referrals, and enablement, with an experimental, data-informed approach.
You will be essential to the team, bringing your experience and expertise to make the function an impactful, data-informed contributor to the business and partner to Sales, Customer Success, Nonprofit Relations, Education, and Product teams.
Among other tasks, you’ll work on:
- Marketing strategy & campaigns: Conceptualising, planning, and executing marketing campaigns aligned to the nonprofit marketing strategy.
- Growth marketing & testing: Creating and testing new lead generation channels and optimize existing ones to increase volume and quality from all sources, and conversion ratios.
- Content strategy: Shaping and optimising Alaya’s content strategy, editorial calendar, and content distribution plans, with the rest of the team.
- Approving and checking content: Provide feedback to other contributors and editing content from other writers.
- Partnership building: Building partnerships to build Alaya brand awareness and generate demand within the nonprofit space in our focus markets.
- Creating and optimising content: across channels for website/social traffic and lead generation. Convert visitors to leads and expand overall brand reach through content, such as webinars.
- Copywriting: Write blogs, articles, infographics, social media posts, corporate communication materials, email campaigns, press releases, UX copy and others, ensuring consistency in the messaging, tone and style. Collaborating with internal and external subject-matter experts to produce valuable, high quality content.
- Web content management: Manage website content updates and communicating content updates to the rest of the team.
- Keyword research: Conducting keyword research to find new opportunities to reach our buyer persona
- Measurement and reporting: Measuring the results of marketing activities to inform future marketing content/campaigns and generate high quality leads.
- Cross departmental collaboration: Working closely with Customer Success, Marketing and Product teams’ communication efforts for messaging consistency and to drive profitable action.
- Operations: Optimising current and implement new tools/processes, when necessary.
- Independence & creativity: You will be expected to take responsibilities by learning and proposing new solutions and alternatives to the team.
- Make a difference: Alaya is all about bringing more goodness to this world,.You will be part of a young and motivated group of people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
- An amazing culture: We offer a great work environment, a challenging and motivating role with the possibility of taking more responsibilities as the company evolves.
- Volunteering hours: Every employee receives 20 hours per year to volunteer to causes close to your heart.
- Exciting times ahead: You’ll be joining a start-up in an exciting stage of rapid growth and international expansion. The sky’s the limit!
The role is based in Barcelona, Spain. Ideally you’ll have:
- At least 2 years experience in a digital and/or content marketing position, ideally at a Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) company focused on B2B.
- Native fluency in English, French or German is a must, orally and especially written. Professional/bilingual level of English. Another language is a plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication. You are a natural storyteller that knows how to structure a message effectively for different audiences. Graphic design skills are a plus.
- In-depth knowledge of digital marketing channels and platforms, best practices, and analytics. Experience with marketing tools are a plus.
- A methodical and organised approach to the way you work.
- Highly creative, analytical and proactive mindset, with an eye for detail and a strong customer focus.
- Proficiency with SEMRush, Ahrefs or other keyword research tools are a plus.
- Knowledge of Google Analytics and social media analytics are a plus.
- Experience with CMS software (Wordpress + some HTML), landing page creation (Unbounce), SEO/SEM campaigns, and A/B testing are a big plus.
- Proficiency with Hubspot, MailChimp or other similar programs preferred.
- Experience with design tools such as Adobe Creative Cloud, Canva or other similar tools.
- Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment and effectively work cross-functionally.
- Do good: We have a genuine interest in bringing a positive impact to the world around us.
- Get it done, better: We work smart and go the extra mile.
- Say “we”, not “I”: We recognise our individual strengths, communicate and build on them as a team.
- Find a smarter way: We think outside of the box and always push boundaries.
- Make it fun: We bring positive energy, a lighthearted manner, and have a good laugh.