We’re looking for a senior software developer on the MongoDB/Express/React/Node (MERN) stack, to join our Product & Engineering team of 14 people and help us develop our amazing platform. We will more than double our team this year, so if you want to be part of a fast growing team with exciting challenges... read further ;)
Join a movement for good!
Do you want to make a positive impact every day at work? Alaya by Benevity, is a SaaS platform that empowers companies to build a purpose-driven culture and engage employees to make a positive impact, one act at a time. We enable experiences that bring out the human side of work, so that companies and their employees can do good and measure the impact of their actions every day. By volunteering, giving, or taking simple actions such as biking to work, saving energy, or committing to a healthier lifestyle, your employees are able to participate in your organization’s efforts to activate your shared purpose.
More information on platform:
Alaya’s software architecture is built on a JS technical stack. The front-end application is devoted to desktop and mobile web rendering whereas the back-end will produce data through a REST API, interface external providers, and handle security matters. The code is entirely written in ES6, and the deployment scripts in bash. The Front-End is based on ReactJS, allowing a componentized interface, and loads of integrated components. The back-end is developed with NodeJS, exposing a secured Rest API. The data is stored and aggregated on MongoDB. It also relies on external services for sending emails and store users contents. It also hosts webhooks for server-to-server communications (payment confirmations, email sending errors, etc.)
The role will be ideally based in our offices in Barcelona (Spain) or Paris (France), but we are open to discuss fully remote roles as well.
The ideal candidate would have:
• Degree in Computer Science or equivalent professional experience
• Keen interest in new technologies and web applications.
• Good English level and a strong ability to communicate.
• Team player, dynamic and proactive
• Independent and problem solving.
• Focused on quality and results-oriented
• At ease with the gitflow, clean-code principles and code reviews
The required technical skills are:
• Strong knowledge of NodeJS environment with at least 2-3year experience
• At least one past project with MongoDB
• At least 2-3 year experience using React or similar language
• Knowledge of the MERN stack
• Good understanding of web APIs, authentication and security concerns
• Knowledge of using GIT Workflow
• Design, build, and maintain efficient, reusable, clean and reliable code
• Proficient in HTML5 and CSS/JSS
• Good understanding of separation of concerns and componentization
• At ease with code testability, and countinuous integration/deployment
You live the Alaya values!
You will be part of a young and motivated group of professionals who are passionate about making a difference in the world. We offer a challenging and motivating role with the possibility of taking on more responsibility as the company evolves.
The remuneration includes a base salary, an option plan, an interesting commission scheme and other perks and benefits.
Most importantly, you’ll be joining a company in a very exciting stage of rapid growth and international expansion.