To support the spark product internationally, we are looking for a Solution Consultant.
Do you want to make a positive impact every day at work? Alaya by Benevity is a SaaS platform that empowers companies to build a purpose-driven culture and engage employees to make a positive impact, one act at a time. We enable experiences that bring out the human side of work so that companies and their employees can do good and measure the impact of their actions every day. By volunteering, giving, or taking simple actions such as biking to work, saving energy, or committing to a healthier lifestyle, your employees are able to participate in your organization’s efforts to activate your shared purpose.
To support the Spark product internationally, we are looking for an enthusiastic and talented Solution Consultant to join our growing sales team in Barcelona. The Solution Consultant is a SaaS product and technology expert that plays a key role in the overall sales process to build confidence and trust with buyers. Among other tasks, you’ll work on:
- Prepare and deliver targeted product demonstrations designed to address a prospect's specific needs.
- Expedite the Sales process by clearly articulating technology and business process differentiators through product demonstrations, presentations, and ad-hoc conversations.
- Work with prospects and internal technical resources to complete the security evaluation stage of the buying cycle. This includes completing questionnaires, risk assessments, data privacy assessments, and joining meetings with prospects to address questions.
- Work with Account Executives to understand buyer requirements, contribute to pricing, and document requirements within a Statement of Work to be transitioned to Professional Services.
- Bridge the gap between sales and client services to reduce implementation timelines and improve visibility into resource allocation and planning.
- Communicating client requests and requirements to product and technical teams to ensure implementation success.
- Gather and articulate important client information through internal channels (Salesforce, Confluence) to build a strong client profile
- Maintain and communicate the latest Alaya features and capabilities to the sales team so we are continuously able to provide the best solutions for potential buyers.
- Work with Marketing and other internal teams to develop sales tools that help present complex information in a way that potential buyers can understand.
- Identify current and future customer service requirements by establishing personal rapport with potential and actual customers and other persons in a position to understand service requirements.
- Gain buyer acceptance by explaining and demonstrating the fit of the Alaya solution through a proof of concept (POC) solution.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional societies.
- Contribute to the Marketing and Product team’s effectiveness by identifying short-term and long-range issues that must be addressed; providing information and commentary pertinent to deliberations; recommending options and courses of action.
- Contributes to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed.
- Independence & creativity: You will be expected to take responsibility by learning and proposing new solutions and alternatives to the team.
- Make a difference: Alaya is all about bringing more goodness to this world. You will be part of a young and motivated group of people who are passionate about making a difference in the world.
- An amazing culture: We offer a great work environment, a challenging and motivating role with the possibility of taking more responsibilities as the company evolves.
- Volunteering hours: Every employee receives 20 hours per year to volunteer to causes close to your heart.
- Exciting times ahead: You’ll be joining a start-up in an exciting stage of rapid growth and international expansion. The sky’s the limit!
This role is based in Barcelona, Spain. Ideally, you’ll have:
- English language proficiency is required, French, German or Spanish would be considered an asset.
- 3+ years experience in Solution Consulting, Sales Engineering, Technical Sales Support, or related role.
- Ability to learn quickly and adapt even more quickly.
- Ability to manage competing priorities and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment.
- Highly developed technical aptitude, interpersonal and written/spoken communication skills.
- Able to maintain strong relationships both internally and with clients.
- Travel regionally in order to develop close account relationships and support sales activities.
- Possess comfort in front of audiences sharing your knowledge and presenting your solutions.
- Maintain a passion to constantly learn and grow your technical and social skills.
- Experience with Salesforce is a strong asset.
- Strong technical understanding of SaaS software solutions.
You live the Alaya values!
Do good: We have a genuine interest in bringing a positive impact to the world around us.
Get it done, better: We work smart and go the extra mile.
Say “we”, not “I”: We recognize our individual strengths, communicate and build on them as a team. Find a smarter way: We think outside of the box and always push boundaries.
Make it fun: We bring positive energy, a lighthearted manner, and have a good laugh.